Do you struggle to find the energy to pursue your vision? Believe it or not this is a valid challenge worthy of mention. Have you ever been in a situation where you know what you ought to do, but you just can’t seem to find the physical, mental or emotional energy to do it? Well, I’ve been there. So I know that it can be just as big a hindrance as not finding the time to do what you ought to do. In fact, when you have the time and you don’t have the energy, you may feel quite guilty of ‘wasting’ time. And, of course, that doesn’t help. So what do you do? I’ll be practical and share a few tips that have worked for me in the past.
- Pray. Yep. There it is again- prayer. Ask God for help and He will help you. Believe me, if you trust Him enough to turn to Him for help, then He is willing to help you and He will help you. It works, all the time.
- Sleep. You read that right. Create the time to really sleep. Many times, when you can’t seem to find the physical or emotional strength, the reason is usually the simplest one: you’re tired. And when you’re tired, you need to sleep very well. Don’t feel guilty about getting in those extra hours of sleep. You cannot be creative or energetic when you’re tired. You’re actually doing yourself and the world around you a favour if you sleep well. Recently, I allowed myself to enjoy the ‘guilty’ pleasure of some extra sleep. It was so refreshing, and I felt renewed and energised. When I got back to my work, I got twice as much result in the regular amount of time.
- Go Somewhere New. Go somewhere that you have never been before. You don’t have to take a trip out of the country or the state. It can be as simple as going to the other side of town to have lunch or meet up with family, friends or colleague. This will refresh you.
- Watch Your Nutrition. As basic as this sounds, many of us don’t do this right. Eat as healthy as you can, drink as healthy as you can and give your body the right kind of raw materials to work with in the right measure.
- Get Active. Walk around. Do some extra exercise. This will help you to get your blood and all kinds of juices flowing right in your body. And it will help your energy level.
Incorporate some of these tips into your regular routine, and not only will you be get the physical, emotional and intellectual momentum that you need, you will also be able to sustain it. It will all be worth it in the end.
You can be all that you were created to be.