The holiday season has come upon us and it’s such a fantastic time of the year! I know we have been talking about assessment, planning, goal-setting and other serious and important things, and now it’s time to take a well-deserved break. Afterall, there’s time for everything, right? Well, we have come to the time of rest, play and reconnecting.
If you have done your personal assessment and made a good effort on setting your goals for 2016, then you can take the time to relax, without any feelings of guilt or unfinished business. Personally, I have earmarked some days in December where all I want to do is enjoy the holiday season in every way possible.
Here are a few ways to enjoy this season in beneficial ways:
1. Love. This is the season of love in every form. Love yourself, love others and love God. The central holiday at this period is Christmas. Take the time to reacquaint yourself with the Christmas story in all its forms: read about the birth of Jesus Christ in the Bible, read the fictionalized versions, watch a movie, listen to hymns, carols and songs.
2. Forgive. A great part of loving is forgiving. Has someone offended you? Let it go. Have you disappointed yourself? Let it go, too. Don’t take things too seriously and be quick to forgive and assume the best of people.
3. Share. Share what you have with people; it could be your time, your financial resources, your talents or just your company. Share with your family, with friends and colleagues and also with those who are less-privileged.
4. Play. Have fun. Indulge in a hobby. Do a lot of laughing. Take the time to unwind. Be deliberate about enjoying yourself.
5. Connect. Get in touch with family and friends. Reconnect with people, play together and feast together. We’re communal and social beings and having fun together spices up the merriment.
6. Rest. Everyone has had a long year in one way or another. Take the time to rest and renew yourself ahead of next year.
Have a Lifeaholic Holiday Season filled with love, joy and warmth!