2017 has started and it’s well on its way. What will make this year different from the last year or the previous years? If you have set goals for the year, you have taken a very good and important step, but you cannot afford to stop there. Let this be the year that you actually bring those goals to life.
This year, take a chance on yourself.
I know what you’re thinking: What if your plans don’t turn out the way you intended? What if people misunderstand you or even laugh at you? What if you make mistakes in the process? Yes, it is possible that the final outcome of your plans would be different from what you intended, but that’s not always a bad thing. Things will always fall into place somehow, if you try. You will never move from where you are if you do not take a chance on yourself.
If you do not take a chance on yourself, why should anyone take a chance on you?
If you’re feeling timid or unsure, you can take one or more of these following easy steps to get started and take a chance on yourself:
- Tell your closest friends and relatives what you want to do. Saying it loud to someone else helps you to take ownership of it and also keeps you accountable to the people closer to you.
- Start a new hobby in line with what you want to do. Even if the end point is to make it a full-time venture, you can start it as a hobby or an avocation.
- Volunteer to help others who are already doing something you would like to do. Most people would be delighted to share their knowledge with someone and have someone help them out.
- Enroll for a course, seminar or training. Put your money where your heart is. This will also build your courage and confidence.
- Work with a professional coach. Having a coach in your corner is perhaps the most effective way to get results and see your dreams come to life. Working with a coach is easier than you think and more rewarding than you can imagine.
This year, take a chance on yourself!
It is well with you.